Intro to Wire Protocols
Learn how to write a protocol to tell a friend how many fruits to buy at the market.
This is a free online course that walks you through designing a protocol from scratch. Learn how to write and parse byte-level protocols for fixed, variable-length and TLVs.
In this class, you will learn:
- fixed length protocol fields
- how to write and ready byte messages
- adding a new field to a protocol definition
- variable length protocol fields
- Type-Length-Value (TLV) protocol fields
What to know before class (pre-requisites)
Knowing some Python would be helpful for this class, as well as endian-ness.
If you haven’t seen the Encodings + Endianness explainer by @niftynei yet, I’d recommend you give it a look.
Feeling motivated? We've got self-paced online classes
Let's goo! Sign up for one of our self-paced online courses today and get your journey into bitcoin started without delay.